Machine Learning is a category of artificial intelligence that gives computers the ability to “learn” with data without explicit programming. It can generate billions of predictions daily and serve them up in real-time. In addition, it can handle multi-dimensional and many varieties of data. As Artificial intelligence & Machine learning based applications evolve, so have the number of APIs that have emerged.
In this article, we’ll showcase our top machine learning service providers and their API offerings which let you unlock use cases like:
- Automation and build data processing capabilities
- Create basic and advanced algorithms
- Manage Scalability
- Do Automation and manage iterative processes effectively
- Do ensemble modelling
Some of the business benefits of incorporating machine learning features & functionality are:
- Financial analysis
- For portfolio management, fraud detection, algorithmic trading and loan underwriting, and fraud detection
- For customer service, security and sentiment analysis.
- Helps to eliminate manual data entry
- Useful in medical diagnosis
- For perfect diagnosis, recommend medicines, prediction of readmissions, and determine high-risk patients.
- Predictive maintenance
- Fast Processing and Real-Time Predictions
Rakuten RapidAPI has created this list of ‘Top 10 Machine Learning APIs’ which you can leverage these APIs in your applications. Ready to start building awesome apps? Get started today using the Rakuten RapidAPI Marketplace.
Here are the top 10 APIs we’ll be discussing today
- AmazonML API
- Aylien Text Analysis API
- IBMWatsonSTT API
- Kairos API
- MonkeyLearn API
- ApiAI API
- TrustServista Text Analysis
Table of Contents
1. AmazonML API
Amazon Machine Learning provides the best in class machine learning service that makes it easy for developers to leverage and integrate into existing or new products and solutions. It has visualization tools and wizards that guide you through the process of creating machine learning models and currently is widely used and generates billions of predictions daily. AmazonML API allows developers to add intelligence to any application much easier with a selection of services that offer speech, language analysis, vision and chatbot functionality. They are also backed up with powerful encryption service ensuring data storage and security.
Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- AmazonML API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: AmazonML API documentation
- Pricing details: AmazonML API pricing
- Developers can easily create machine learning models with it.
- It has built-in data processors, interactive data, scalable ML algorithms, and model visualization tools.
- It provides end-to-end model creation, deployment, and monitoring of the model
- Amazon Machine Learning has low-cost setup and Efficient
- Scalable, High-Performance Prediction Generation Service
- Maintain machine learning infrastructure
- Can perform functions like chain management and fraudulent transaction identification
- AWS has multiple offerings for machine learning and specific expertise services and is complicated to understand and explore all its offerings. Specific learning curve plan needs to be created to have the basic know-how of the tools and functionality.
- Amazon services are available only for specific regions. Refer to this link for regions where Amazon API is supported.
- Technical support fees and pricing is fairly complicated
- Identify potentially fraudulent retail transactions and detect frauds
- Provide a more personalized customer experience
- It provides document classification and processes unstructured text
- Build applications that classify product reviews
- Amazon ML can analyse social media traffic to help you to discover new customer
- Provide transcribe and text to speech services
Aylien text analysis API is used for natural language processing that helps in the effective understanding of the human-generated text. This API offers tools that enable developers to extract insight and meaning from textual content with ease. Aylien text analysis API is a complete package of machine learning, information retrieval and natural language processing to make easy for analyzing text at scale. It uses deep learning and NLP algorithms to extract the main body from documents. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- Aylein Text Analysis API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Aylein Text Analysis API documentation
- Pricing details: Aylein Text Analysis API pricing
- Aylien text analysis API is used in language detection and hashtag suggestion
- It is easier to parse, analyse and extract structured data from human-generated documents, text, and content
- It has the ability to analyse content in milliseconds
- Aylien text analysis API has an ultra-low latency
- It extracts the important data from web pages, blogs, documents, tweets, reviews or any textual content
- There is no NLP expertise required
- This API is useful in the improvement of the business process with document processing and process automation.
- Aylien text analysis API can do text classification in English language only
- It is not able to do sentiment analysis in French, Italian and Portuguese
- Its results are not always accurate and are prone to errors.
- Entity recognition is done with vocabularies, large lists, and dictionaries
- Uses rules-based pattern matching
- Used in auto-categorization of the content. It works best with known content and vocabularies
- It detects the main language in which the document is written
- This extracts the main part of the text from the article along with publishing date, author name, media and embedded RSS feeds
- Detects the sentiment of the documents
Microsoft Content Moderator is one of the best machine assisted content moderators that can work as a human review tool for images, text, and videos. This machine learning API helps you to detect the potential offensive and unwanted images and offers the better security and storage option. It uses the intelligence APIs to enable different functions like speech, vision, language and knowledge capabilities. It filters the bad and offensive content for students and educators in K-12 education solution. It uses image moderation API, text moderation API, Video moderation API and reviews API for a better interface. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- MicrosoftContentModerator documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: MicrosoftContentModerator documentation
- Pricing details: MicrosoftContentModerator pricing
- Built-in review tool for best results
- Filtering of possible profanity and undesirable text
- Moderation of adult and racy content in videos
- It is the best Human review tool with best content moderation results.
- Detect potentially offensive or unwanted images
- Detect potential profanity in more than 100 languages
- It uses the relevant information to publish, review or reject the content in your post.
- It does not charge any upfront cost
- The maximum file size needed to work on is 4MB and images need to have a minimum of 128 pixels
- The long text is not tested the maximum length of the text can be 1024 characters long.
- Alerts you to potential issues such as profanity in text or child exploitation image etc.
- It uses industry-leading security measures to meet all the security requirements.
- The video moderation service detects possible adult and racy content in videos.
- Used by Gaming companies for chat rooms
IBM Watson STT API is one of the best and leading machine learning APIs. It can convert voice and audio into written text, document for the quick and easy understanding of content. It has a capability of powerful recognition of real-time speech. It has highly accurate speech engine. This API can input, enrich and uses a wide range of data types without any integration. This allows you to use the data from a variety of sources with ease. IBM Watson STT API is useful from the healthcare industry and education department for transportation, energy, banking, telecommunications, insurance, and finance. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- IBMWatsonSTT API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: IBMWatsonSTT API documentation
- Pricing details: IBMWatsonSTT API pricing
- IBM Watson STT API can transcribe audio automatically from seven languages in real-time.
- It is able to conclude and transcribe what is being in the discussion even from a very lower quality voice.
- It works across a wide range of programming interfaces and audio formats.
- This API is used to customize the model to enhance the accuracy of language and content.
- It identifies different speakers in the audio spot with specified words and delivers results with accuracy and confidence.
- It does not support AAC format.
- It has lots of empty moments and the text is hard to read for humans.
- It doesn’t indicate a low confidence in words that could occur a potential error.
- There is difficulty in the classification of non-native speakers.
- Domain or technical specified words are misclassified.
- This API is sensitive to the environment’s quality that is being captured like phone call-ins, placement of the recording device and so on.
- It transcribes audio ranges from real-time transcription for a voice from a microphone to identify 1000s of voice recording from the call center to get meaningful analytics.
- This API helps advisors, researchers, strategists and procurement professionals to get answers to complex topics more quickly and efficiently. It unlocks new insights and improves performance.
- Its chatbot solution minimizes the cost of customer service.
- It spots trends which are based on customer feedback. It provides better investments to get revenue, decrease customer churn and address customer churns.
5. Kairos API
Kairos API is one of the leading human analytics platforms that is designed to perform facial identification. It offers a wide variety of image recognition solutions through their latest machine learning API. The API in Kairos’s endpoints includes identifying gender, age, emotional depth, facial recognition in both photo and video. Kairos API is the best human analytics platform that is designed to integrate human identity into software apps. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- Kairos API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Kairos API documentation
- Pricing details: Kairos API pricing
- Kairos creates safer, more accessible customer experiences
- It can track faces based on the features captured in the first image. There is no need to recapture the image.
- It provides unlimited face galleries and lightning fast results with just a few lines of codes.
- It has pre-built libraries for interacting and is designed to simplify and streamline face recognition for developers.
- It compares the other service providers with their offering in the blog here
- The updated version of the Kairos brings some problem with it. Sometimes it becomes very difficult to use the API.
- The cost of the paid version is a bit high as compared to other machine learning APIs.
- The ‘Biometric Blockchain’ use the facial recognition system that empowers the users by protecting their digital identity.
- Kairos APIs used as frictionless digital identity authentication for business, use APIs of the Kairos and provides the Threat and intrusion detection, Perimeter and asset monitoring and Known individual detection in business.
- With the special machine learning environment, it can algorithmically learn about a person’s face over time and easily adapts to each person’s unique features and expression adding powerful train model APIs.
6. MonkeyLearn API
MonkeyLearn API is used to classify, extract, arrange and manage the custom models programmatically. It automates text classification with machine learning models. It helps to turn emails, chats, surveys, support tickets, social media, content and documents into usable and actionable data. MonkeyLearn API is used to make the team more efficient and effective by getting insights, automated business processes and saving hours in the processing of manual data. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- MonkeyLearn API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: MonkeyLearn API documentation
- Pricing details: MonkeyLearn API pricing model
- MonkeyLearn API is a simple and clean interface. It is easy to use for both technical and non-technical users.
- It is used to extract custom content/data within texts.
- This API acts as a custom classifier that is used to classify texts into tags in a much easier way and Its tagging process is fast and efficient.
- MonkeyLearn API automates systems for analysis of sentiment on incoming queries of customer support.
- It is used to track an individual’s sentiment about certain aspects of the business.
- This API is helpful in analyzing the aggregated interactions of customer support.
- MonkeyLearn API sometimes gets frustrated with the roughness of insights.
- It has some errors due to certain inconsistent criteria.
- This API sometimes spends hours in tagging each piece of feedback.
- Some errors are detected while texting classification.
- It uses analytics to get deep insight into what is happening across the social media platforms.
- This API understands a brand online presence with knowing all kinds of analytics and insights.
- This helps to track changes in employee sentiment with time.
- It is used to target individuals to improve their service.
- Analyze surveys, extract keywords and view by segment also collates information from a large amount of product feedback surveys.
- Detect annoyed customers quickly and move those tickets at the top.
7. ApiAI API
ApiAI API provides a web interface to build, test and analyze conversation scenarios. This API helps to build intelligent natural language bots that are powered by Artificial Intelligence. This platform is based on the NLP (natural language processing) engine that is built by Speaktoit for its application. This API enables IoT developers (Internet of Things developers) for including natural language audio interfaces in the products. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- ApiAI API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: ApiAI API documentation
- Pricing details: ApiAI API pricing model
- ApiAI API is a smart application that can learn phrases which can target intents and understand choices of entities.
- They have APIs which enable you to manage context parameters through the user interface.
- It is able to add entities easily by highlighting them in the sample statement through the user interface.
- This API allows you to highlight parameters as needed so the platform is able to get values without the need of business logic.
- It has a rich set of domains to build chatbots with functionalities such as news, flight, small talk, weather, etc.
- ApiAI API has a lack of visualization in the flow of conversation.
- It has a lack of tools that are used to measure the true negatives, false negatives, true positives and false positives related to entity and intent matching.
- ApiAI API provides a way to assist customers to find information on the website easily and rapidly.
- You cannot obtain the correct output if users make spelling errors and it is unable to use regular expressions while matching intents.
- Some searching errors might be found.
- It is used in personalization of messaging apps.
- This API can be used for mind-numbing HR form filling applications.
- This API can be used in the cases where the platforms learn/understand new commands as similar to the inputs given by the developers as a target for intents.
Wit.AI is a machine learning API that is used to create AI-powered bots. These AI-powered bots can talk like a real human. Wit.AI is an open source and is free to use. It has two elements for you to set within the app which are entities and intents. Its actions are separated to use like combined operations. This API makes it easy for the developer’s team to make devices and applications that you can text or talk to. Its vision is to increase the power of developers with an open, easy and extensible natural language platform. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- WitAI API documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: Wit.AI API documentation
- Pricing details: Wit.AI API pricing model
- WitAI is free to use service and does not have any strict rate limits.
- Wit.AI API creates voice or text-based bots very easily that people can chat as per their comfortable messaging platform.
- Users can enjoy a hands-free device experience while cooking, working out, driving or any kind of work.
- Wit.AI API is free for private and public instances.
- This API offers a combination of machine learning and voice recognition for developers.
- It has no limitations on request rate.
- This API has pre-build entities such as emails, URLs, temperature, number etc.
- Wit.AI API is easy and available for developers for use with Python, Rust, C, iOS, Raspberry, Windows Phone, Android and Pi.
- This API does not have an interaction module to communicate with other APIs directly.
- It does not have a required slot feature and you have to call upon business logic after each interaction that collects slot data from the user to get any missing details that were not told by the user.
- This API has limited predefined domains of global skills.
- It lacks clarity and has an uncertainty for webhook integration.
- Developers make use of Wit.AI API to build a voice interface and integrate with a platform of their choice web, mobile, Facebook messenger apps.
- When users are on the couch and the remote is far away from them, then Wit.AI API invokes Home.set_temperature () on the thermostat if they tell that they are feeling hot.
- It understands from what individuals say and extract meaningful information out of it to be able to create action items.
AlchemyText uses machine learning to do natural language processing. It helps to understand the keywords, sentiment, entities and high-level concepts. It helps to understand how your social media followers feel about your products. It automatically classifies the contents of a webpage and shows all the trending topics in the news. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- AlchemyText documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: AlchemyText documentation
- Best API for best natural language processing.
- The AlchemyText perform sentiment analysis on the text, images and on video files and helps to enhance the product popularity by analyzing the reviews.
- It will analyze all the emotion and sentiments APIs and breakdown them and provides them the better understanding option.
- Easily analyze all types of sentiments and emotions in the text.
- Classify the content of a webpage and analyze the sentiments.
- AlchemyLanguage does not have a related concept feature so you would have to implement it by yourself.
- Some translation error might occur.
- The AlchemyText helps in the business management as it understands the causes behind negative and positive reviews.
- Track the important industry events with the help of this API such as acquisitions and new competitors in the market.
- It recommended the useful content and advertisements that enhance the business to the content on the page.
The Text Analysis API by TrustServista is used as the best API for online content analytics and for verifications. It is used as news analytics and it is designed for the media. This will help you to find out the fake news on the URL by determining the original source of information for a URL or raw text. The TrustServista is also used for language detection, metadata extraction and for summarization of webpage content. Let’s have a look at their API documentation to know more about their offerings.
- TrustServista Text Analysis documentation: Rakuten RapidAPI
- Document on Service provider website: TrustServista Text Analysis documentation
- Pricing details: TrustServista Text Analysis pricing model
- TrustServista combines deep content analysis, the publisher’s profile and the sources mentioned in the news to check out the other viewpoints of the same story, from other publishers.
- It determines the trustworthiness of news articles using Artificial Intelligence.
- It offers a wide range of Text Analytics capabilities. It performs the sentiment analysis, automatic summarization and entity extraction.
- It performs the analytics services by analyzing more than 60,000 articles per day in multiple languages. It provides actionable real-time intelligence on open data.
- It works as flexible deployment models. It allows the customers to process their own data.
- It only supports the English language. No foreign language is supported by this API.
- Errors in the automatic summarization might be reported
- The content distributors and readers can use it as it automatically find and flag all news articles that reference untrusted or false information.
- Used by Facebook and google to prevent the fake news on the social media.
- Available as Software as a Service (SaaS), easy to adopt with little from IT. The flexible deployment and pricing models allow any organization to easily get started.
- TrustServista has significantly reduced investigation times in order to produce high quality trusted content and provides the real news.
Machine Learning APIs makes it easy to add AI capabilities to apps. It saves one from the rigour of learning how artificial intelligence and machine learning work under the hood. However anyone interested in using machine learning APIs should have a solid understanding of how APIs work. You can read What is an API?, an article which introduces the basic concepts behind APIs.
About Rakuten RapidAPI
Rakuten RapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace with 8,000+ third-party APIs and used by over 500,000 active developers. We enable developers to build transformative apps through the power of APIs. Find, test and connect to all the APIs you need in one place!