<Rakuten RapidAPI/> Our First Week
Rakuten RapidAPI launched on July 11, 2018 with a big media event in Tokyo and supporting PR from our launch partners. We’re incredibly excited by the buzz generated by the media and from our launch events with the vibrant Tokyo startup and developer community.
Launch Week Events
We’re honoured by the coverage we received and the people who came out to support us – from industry giants to scrappy individual developers alike. This included:
- Coverage by 52 Japanese media outlets including Nikkei BP and JP, and even TV coverage from WBS News.
- Official endorsements from Microsoft, IBM, Nexmo, Asial, Stripe, and Gengo.
- Supporting Press Releases from Nexmo and Asial.
We followed up the media event with a party for Rakuten’s developers and another for Tokyo’s startup and developer community on July 14. We spoke about the API economy, introduced the service and did live demos for the audience. We were joined by representatives from Code Chrysalis, Le Wagon, Nexmo and Twitter just to name a few. Overall, it was a great first introduction to the community and we’re pleased with the turnout. We’re looking forward to growing the group and improving the experience. If you’re not part of our Meetup group yet, register here for future events.
Hearing from real users
Nothing is more important to us than hearing real voice-of-customer (VoC) feedback and this week gave us the opportunity to do exactly that. We received accolades, validations of our value proposition as well as product suggestions – all of which, we take very seriously. We heard from community leaders, developers, and API providers from Japan and across the world. It’s evidence that we’re on to something BIG!
How did we do?
In our first week, we reached:
- Portal: 3500+ new users
- Social Media: 40,000+ impressions and 200+ followers
Continue to show your support and come check us out on Rakuten RapidAPI. Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook. Join our Meetup group & stay tuned for future events. We’re looking forward to meeting all of you!
A big thank you!
We want to thank all the industry leaders and community members alike who have helped make our first week a success. We especially want to mention:
- Microsoft Japan CTO Akira Sakakibara
- IBM Watson VP Toshifumi Yoshizaki
- Twitter Head of Japan Data Alliance Kazue Julia Goto
- Nexmo Country Director Hiro Kusumoto
- Asial Corp CEO Masahiro Tanaka
- Code Chrysalis Founders Yan Fan and Kani Munidasa
- Le Wagon Japan Founders Paul Gaumer and Sylvain Pierre