We’re announcing yet another hackathon partnership. Rakuten RapidAPI will be bringing our API Marketplace to power JunctionX Seoul on May 10. This will be our 4th event for 2019 and our 2nd hackathon in S Korea. We couldn’t be more excited given the amazing experience we had at Junction Tokyo in February; Rakuten RapidAPI’s ‘API Hack’ track received the most submissions and each project used an average of 3.5 APIs.
APIs give participants a competitive edge in hackathons. Making full use of Rakuten RapidAPI can be the difference between finalist and winner. Check out this featured article about Junction Tokyo 2019’s grand prize winner who also won our ‘API Hack’ track. By consolidating a large number of APIs into a single platform and doing all the hard integration work, our API Marketplace lets developers find, test, and seamlessly integrate.
We help developers push the development boundaries by using our APIs to:
- Speeding up development: Use API to provision commodity functions such as SMS for 2FA or programmatic emails.
- Innovation: Add capabilities you may not have expertise in. Computer vision APIs let you add facial recognition capabilities to apps in minutes.
- Leveraging data: Create value out of API-derived datasets. Power user searches with a web search API or understand a user’s interests via Twitter activity.
JunctionX Seoul Hackathon
JunctionX Seoul is an event where developers, designers, or talents of any field can compete in diverse teams in order to build and present their revolutionary ideas. International hackers from different backgrounds form teams to work on cutting edge technologies and to solve real business problems coming straight from the business world.
It will be held from May 10 – 12, 2019 in Yongsan District- the tech hub of Seoul. Rakuten RapidAPI is honored to be a top tier partner alongside N15 hardware accelerator. 150 participants are expected at this inaugural event.
We asked JunctionX Seoul Partnerships Lead, Hyunse Lee why he chose Rakuten RapidAPI to power their hackathon. Here’s what he said:
There are diverse challenges and ideas that are born in JunctionX hackathons. However, there are common technologies that participants would be using during their hacks. Rakuten RapidAPI and its professionally curated collections of APIs are the perfect solution for empowering our participants to hack their ideas further and faster, by providing them the right technology at the right time. We are very excited to discover what our participants would be able to create within 48hrs using the power of Rakuten RapidAPI.
We’ve got a full set of Rakuten RapidAPI perks that participants will receive:
- API Credits: Participants will receive coupon credits to offset out-of-pocket costs for consuming services on Rakuten RapidAPI.
- Dedicated API Collection: We’ve created this curated selection of APIs to fit in with the event theme.
- 24/7 Technical Mentorship: Rakuten RapidAPI team will provide 24/7 technical assistance via Slack and Zoom video conference. Looking for an API for your use case? Having trouble with technical integration? We’ll help you with it all.
- Winner promotion: Winning teams stand a chance to be featured in their dedicated blog post as part of our <Developer Showcase/> series. All you need to qualify is to use at least 3 APIs from Rakuten RapidAPI.
Junction brings together developers, designers and other tech-minded people to solve intriguing challenges. In order to offer them the most pressing problems, we partner with firms from diverse fields. We believe that technology is a powerful tool when used right, and everybody should have the possibility to build meaningful things with it. What started as a single hackathon in Helsinki, Finland, has now started a movement of tech events all around the world.
In early 2018, Junction launched JunctionX– the possibility to join the Junction community, utilize Junction’s brand and some of its muscles for the local event. In its first year, JunctionX were organized in 5 countries: China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Hungary and Vietnam. In 2019, Junction is expanding to Seoul. JunctionX Seoul is co-hosted together with local tech hubs and passionate individuals. JunctionX Seoul is a team of undergraduate students who are interested and passionate about startups and innovations. They are Junction/Slush participants, experienced entrepreneurs, designers and developers.
About Rakuten RapidAPI
Rakuten RapidAPI’s mission is to empower developers through APIs. We help developers focus on building core application logic while leveraging public APIs to fulfill other functions, in order to save them time, energy and cost.
We’re the world’s largest API Marketplace with 8000+ APIs and used by 500k developers around the world. Our platform helps developers test & integrate an extensive API selection, manage all API usage with a single key, and manage these services in one place. By leveraging APIs, developers can focus on getting their applications off the ground more quickly without having to reinvent the wheel for off-the-shelf services.